What is Saber electronic platform?
Saber electronic platform was launched on January 1, 2019, by the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) in cooperation with Thiqah Business Services, as a replacement to the manual system of issuing conformity certificates.
Saber implementation came in aim to electronically register and issue conformity assessment certificates for imported products in the country of origin through its approved certification bodies -like SRCO
Transition to Saber electronic platform
The transition to Saber electronic platform for registering products and issuing Conformity Certificates was a step towards more accessible and easy procedures to ensure the quality and safety of products in accordance with the relative standards and technical regulations.
The announcement of SASO and the Saudi Customs to the link between Saber and FASAH in July 2020, contributes to facilitate procedures and reduce the time needed to complete clearance at Saudi customs ports.
Saber registration types
- Facility account registration
- Products registration
- Self-Declaration registration
- Non-commercial products registration
Certificates issued via Saber
There are two certificates issued via Saber, as there are two phases of the conformity assessment process, and a certificate issued for each:
Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC)
The Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC) is proof that a regulated product conforms to standards and relevant technical regulations,
The request for issuing PCoC must be initiated by importer, and the Selecting a Certification Body like Tabseer for conformity assessment and issuing the certificate.
Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC)
The Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC) is issued for each specific shipment, after issuing the PCoC through the certification body, it is also requested by the importer.
- Raising the level of safety and quality of products in the Saudi market by limiting any non-conform products.
- Facilitating and accelerating product clearance.
- Speeding up the registration and issuance of required conformity certificates for imported and locally manufactured products.
Saber registration benefits
- Facilitating and reducing the time of customs clearance process, which makes it easier and faster to place the products in the Saudi market.
- Once a product is registered on Saber it becomes linked to its HS code and saved on Saber database, which facilitates the certificate renewal process.
- Saber platform allows the importer or manufacturer to track their requests to register products or issue certificates.
- Connecting the importers and manufacturers to the assessment bodies -like Tabseer-, as all SASO approved bodies are enlisted on Saber.
- All conformity assessment bodies work under SASO supervision, which ensures trusted conformity services.
- Avoiding any delays or rejections, as not registering on Saber prevents the products from clearing at customs ports.